We are extensively involved in advancing new treatment options for osteoporosis, and are actively researching improved methods for the diagnosis of osteoporosis as well as more effective therapies for osteoporosis and parathyroid disease. Patients may choose to participate in current research trials, which enable patients to access new therapies before general release.
Individuals interested in participating in this trial should contact us at (905) 844-5677.
All clinical trials conducted by us are approved by the university centre as well as ethics review boards. Listed below are areas of clinical research currently being conducted at the Bone Research and Education Centre:
- Placebo-controlled FRActure Study in Postmenopausal WoMen with OstEoporosis (FRAME).
- PARADIGM – Observational prospective study of hypoparathyroidism.
- Canadian National Hypoparathyroidism Registry – Observational prospective study of hypoparathyroidism.
- Bone biopsy finding in Atypical Femoral Fracture
- Effect of Teriparatide on Fracture Healing in Patients With Incomplete Atypical Femur Fractures – TAFF Trial.
- Canadian Registry for Atypical Femur Fractures